Sure, there’s more reason to become a proud member of the Carolinian family as eleven faculty members of the University of San Carlos were included in this year’s AD Scientific Index Scientist Rankings 2022. This world ranking and analysis system identifies the best scientists based on their scientific performance and productivity.
Among the 422 scientists from the Philippines that made it to the 2022 AD Scientific Index, the awardee for the Best Scientist in the University, Dr. Rommel G. Bacabac, whose works focused on biophysics, biomechanics, mechanosensing, mechanobiology, and microgravity, ranked 80th in the entire country.
Along with Dr. Bacabac, the following USC Professors were also included in the 2022 AD Scientific Index:
- Frances Edillo, Ph.D. (Focus: Vector Biology and Genetics)
- Elizabeth M. Remedio, Ph. D. (Focus: Renewable Energy, Development Economics)
- Noel Peter Bengzon Tan, Ph. D. (Focus: Nanoscience and Technology, Membrane Technologies)
- Enrico Limbo Enriquez, Ph.D. (Focus: Domination in Graphs)
- Paul John L. Geraldino (Focus: Phycology and Systematics)
- Danilo B. Largo, Ph.D. (Focus: Marine Biology, Aquatic Environmental Science, Integrated Multi-Trophic Aquaculture)
- Fr. Jesuraj Anthoniappen, SVD (Focus: Materials Science)
- Luzvisminda M. Bellotindos, Ph.D. (Focus: Wastewater Treatment, Advanced Oxidation Processes)
- Luis K. Cabatingan, M.S. (Focus: Waste Valorization, Novel Separation Processes)
- Francisco M. Largo, M.A. (Focus: Water Resource Economics)
How to Get Included in the AD Scientific Index?
To qualify for the AD Scientific Index, aspiring scientists must have a Google Scholar profile and add their published scientific articles to their profiles. Part of the liability of these scientists is to ensure the accuracy and ethical aspect of their profile. Additionally, institutions are recommended to regularly check the profiles of their employees as well.
The Alper-Doger Scientific Index is known to be the first and only study that shows the total and last five-year productivity coefficients of scientists based on their h-index and i10 index scores and citations in Google Scholar. This means that the AD Scientific Index gives both the academic ranking and the analysis results.