In the midst of this coronavirus crisis, we can still find ways to see the lighter side of things. We bring good news to those who are hungry for some knowledge and skills. You read the title right, the Technical Education and Skills Development Authority (TESDA) is offering FREE Online Courses you can attend to from the comfort of your own home – the TESDA Online Program (TOP).
Thousands of Filipinos have already registered and enrolled themselves for the free online courses that they offer on their website and also through their Apps. On March 16, TESDA Secretary Isidro Lapeña encouraged Filipinos especially the youth to check out the e-TESDA site and enroll in the different courses they offer so they would put the time spent on lockdown into good use.
There’s been quite a number of people who have been registering on the TESDA Online Program since it launched – with an average of 1,399 new users daily. More or less 14,602 enrollees are new to the program and the rest are old or returning users.
The majority of the enrollees said that their reason for registering in the TESDA Online Program is because of the COVID-19 Community Quarantine. The Online Program offers 68 online training courses in their platform, the courses are classified under different sections or categories.
According to TESDA Secretary Isidro Lapeña they hope that more of our kababayan will take this opportunity. Being free and accessible, one does not have to pay for any registration or enrollment fees, unlike other online courses. In addition, this is also a good time to enroll since the government is asking the public to stay home while we are fighting the spread of the coronavirus
Some of the courses TESDA are offering the following – courses on Automotive, Agriculture, Human Health/ Health Care, TVET, Lifelong Learning Skills, Heating Ventilation, and Air Condition, Processed Food and Beverages, Maritime, and Social Community Development and other services.
Those who register and take on the programs may download Certificates of Completion as proof that they finished the online course. This is after they finish the online activities and pass the quizzes.
Those who complete the online training may go to the nearest TESDA office to them for assessment and certification as soon as the enhanced community quarantine has been lifted, should they wish to be certified as skilled learners. They can also make use of the Certificate from the online program as a passport for National Competency Assessment.
Some of the short courses include Basic Computer Education, Setting Up Computer Networks, Solar Night Light Assembly, Preparing Cakes, Preparing Meat Dishes, Food Processing, and many others. The TESDA Online Program has now a total of 1,469,375 registered users as of April 02, 2020, and since it first launched in 2012.
With the TESDA Online Program, you will be able to study at your own pace, learn and acquire knowledge anywhere with no timetable to follow. All you need is an internet connection and a computer or any device you will use to access the website or app.
These are the TESDA Online Courses offered:
- Fruit Grower
- Automotive Battery Servicing
- Diesel Engine Tune-Up
- Electrical and Electronics
- Computer Systems Servicing NC II
- Solar Night Light Assembly
- STAR Online Training Program
- Managing Your Personal Finance
- Start and Improve Your Business (SIYB)
- Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning, and Refrigeration
- Packaged Air Conditioner Unit Servicing
- Human Health / Health Care
- Massage Therapy NC II
- Information and Communication Technology
- ICT Courses
- Microsoft Online Courses
- Udemy Courses
- Lifelong Learning Skills
- Skills to Succeed Academy
- Job Interview Skills Training Course
- Ships’ Catering NC III (Updates)
- Social, Community Development and Other Services
- Beauty Care Services (Nail Care) NC II
- Bread and Pastry Production NC II
- Cookery NC II
- Food and Beverage Services NC II
- Housekeeping NC II
- Front Office Services NC II
- Trainers Methodology I
- Trainers Methodology II
- How to apply for TVET Program Registration (UTPRAS Registration)
- Processed Food and Beverages
- Food Processing NC II
- 21st Century Skills
- Environmental Literacy
- Workplace Communication (Beta)
How to register to the TESDA Online Program
- Go to https://www.e-tesda.gov.ph/
- On the TESDA Online Program website click on the “Not yet registered? Click here.” hyperlink on the upper right corner
- You will be taken to the New Account page – where you will fill out the information needed.
- Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are mandatory. You cannot proceed with the registration unless you provide the information. After filling out the form, click on the “Create my new account” button.
- After creating your account, a message will be sent to your email address. The email contains a link to activate your account, simply click on the link and your account will be activated.
How to enroll in a course
- Before you can enroll in a course, make sure that you had created an account on the TOP website.
- Login to the TOP website using your registered username and password.
- Once logged in, you will be taken to the TOP front page. The list of available courses is displayed on this page. Click on the link of the course that you want to enroll in.
- Next, click on the link of the module you wish to take.
- On the left side of the navigation panel, under the administration panel, click on the “Enrol me in this course” link.
- A message box will appear asking if you really want to enroll in the module. Click on the “Yes” button to proceed.
- You can now start taking on the course and learn at your own pace.
The TESDA Online Program is very helpful to many, especially for those who are out of school youth as well as OFW around the world. You can share this post to help others benefit from this.
The TESDA Online Program website – www.e-tesda.gov.ph can also be accessed through the TESDA App, you can download the app from Google Play and Apple Store. For any questions or inquiries, you may send them an email at email@example.com. You can also give them a call at (+632) 893 8297
*All Photos used are from TESDA’s official website/ www.e-tesda.gov.ph