Here’s a bittersweet truth about Philippine education: the country has the highest learning poverty rate in Asia. But this is not because Filipinos are dumb. Unfortunately, the perpetuating cycle of poverty that spans from one generation to the next often affects the learning capacity of many citizens: thereby resulting in many other prevalent issues in the country, such as inflation, health concerns, income inequality, economic growth, violence, and the like.
While this may sound depressing, as Filipinos, we’re not ones to back down. We can always break the cycle. Sure, it takes a lot of money to finish school, despite the free education provided by many state colleges and universities in the country. With fare rates and basic necessities, as well as education supply prices, continuing to rise, supporting one’s education can be a tough feat.
Apply for Vicsal Foundation, Inc. College Scholarship Program Now!
Focus on your studies and worry no more about finances. Vicsal Foundation, Inc. College Scholarship Program is now open for applications for the school year 2023-2024.
Beginning in 2007 with 24 scholars, the VSF Scholarship Program has enabled scholars to enroll in the leading universities and colleges in Cebu. Geared towards assisting financially-challenged students from public high schools who are academically capable but are struggling to pursue a college education, VSF has by far produced 167 graduates, of whom 103 graduated with honors (4 Suma, 33 Magna, and 66 Cum laude).
Vicsal Foundation, Inc. College Scholarship Program Qualifications
VSF’s College Scholarship is granted to students who can meet the following qualifications:
Must be a graduate or a graduating student of any public senior high school within Cebu
- Must have a general average not lower than 88% with no grade per subject lower than 80%
- Annual gross family income of both parents/guardians must not exceed P300,000.00 or for a family with a single earner of not more than P150,000
- Must be of good moral character and with good leadership qualities
- Must not be a recipient of any other scholarship grants either from government or private institutions.
Vicsal Foundation, Inc. College Scholarship Privileges
Applicants who successfully pass through the screening program will enjoy the following privileges of the foundation:
- Full tuition and other school fees per semester are billed by the school’s Accounting Office
- Monthly allowance of Php 2,500.00
- Book allowance of Php 3,000.00 per semester
- Graduation-related fees reimbursement up to Php 2,000.00
- Attendance at education-related activities, e.g. Scholars’ Annual gatherings, Graduation party, Outreach activities, job fairs, and any other Value-formation/leadership workshops or training.
- Choice of specialization in Accountancy, Business Administration, and Engineering
The fact that you’ve reached this part only means one thing: you’re interested in learning. So, secure the application form here. Make sure to submit the completed form along with other requirements to any of the following:
- Any Metro Gaisano Retail Store c/o Customer Service Center
- Metro Fresh and Easy-Customer Service Center
- Scholarship Offices of USC, USJR, and CIT-U
Deadline for submission is March 31, 2023. Don’t miss this chance to end the cycle of poverty. Apply now!