With the growing number of tourist spots around the province you’ll begin to wonder what makes a certain place better than the other. You have to learn to narrow down the things you would like to experience and focus on the kind of travel or adventure you’d like to embark on. Just like this recently opened campsite in Cebu – Bacalla Woods Campsite.
Hidden in the laid-back town of San Fernando, Cebu, this campsite offers a good venue to commune with nature or experience the thrill of adventure with its own version of ‘infinity swing’. It has an overlooking view of the surrounding mountains that provides a beautiful vista of sunrise with the earthly sound of crickets lulling you in the background.
Bacalla refers to the surname of the family owning the place. It is a renowned home of artists, environmentalists, explorers, extreme sport athletes, campers, and nature lovers alike. Aside from the homey ambiance with nature, guests can also enjoy the following activities:
- Camping (tent, hammock, or room stay)
- Infinity swing
- River trekking to the seven level waterfalls
- Chasing waterfalls
- Mountain biking
- Jamming on bonfire
- Dining with nature
However, unlike other superbly welcoming tourist spots, Bacalla Woods Campsite guests are asked to adhere to the following:
- do not complain if there’s no WiFi or phone signal in the area
- bring mosquito repellent lotion if you’d be spending the night in the campsite
- bring your own food and drinks and be responsible of keeping your own trash
- book before going to Bacalla Woods Campsite as they don’t entertain walk-in guests
- contact: 0923-825-6945 or firstname.lastname@example.org; Facebook page – Bacalla Woods Campsite
- Entrance fee: P100 per head
- Hammock rental: P150
- Overnight camping inclusive of camping fee, electricity, maintenance, use of CR, water, kitchen use, and free breakfast: P200
- Room good for 2: P1,300 per night
- Tent rental good for 10pax: P1,000
HOW TO GET THERE?
- From South Bus Terminal, ride a bus going to San Fernando (P30 – P40).
- Ask the conductor to drop you off at Eskina going to Hidden Paradise Mountain Resort.
- Ride a habal-habal to reach Bacalla Woods for only P40 per person.
By Private Vehicle:
- Use Google Map or Waze to navigate Bacalla Woods Campsite.
Is Bacalla Woods Campsite still worth the vist? See for yourself.