The world today has become more accessible than ever. In just a single click, everything you need to know about a certain inquiry will be readily made. So as operations regarding money. At present, a number of providers specializing in pawning, remittance, and microinsurance are made available for people to transact faster – just like the leading and largest non-bank financial service in the country Cebuana Lhuillier. But do you know the person working behind this success?
The man behind PJ Lhuillier Group of Companies
Well, the Filipino businessman, diplomat, and sportsman behind the success of PJ Lhuillier Group of Companies, is no other than, President and CEO Jean Henri Diago Lhuillier. Born on March 24, 1969, Henri was the son of the Philippine Ambassador to Portugal Philippe Jones Lhuillier and Edna Diago Lhuillier. He is an Economics and Business Administration graduate of St. Mary’s College of California who also completed a short course for Owner/President Management at the Harvard Business School. Later on, he earned the honorary Doctor of Humanities degree from the Polytechnic University of the Philippines in 2013.
Other than managing the close to 2,500 branches of Cebuana Lhuillier, he also heads the following:
- Cintrée Management Services, Inc. (President and Chief Executive Officer)
- P&EL Realty Corporation (President and Chief Executive Officer)
- Le Soleil de Boracay Resort, Inc. (President and Chief Executive Officer)
- Lhuillier Insurance Agency, Inc. (President and Chief Executive Officer)
- Networld Capital Ventures, Inc. (President and Chief Executive Officer)
- Just Jewels Diamonds Boutique Corp. (President and Chief Executive Officer)
- Cebuana Lhuillier Insurance Solutions (President and Chief Executive Officer)
- California Pizza Kitchen Philippines (Chairman)
- PJL Foundation, Inc. (President)
- Pawncare Services, Inc. (President)
- Pawnsafe Services Corp. (President)
- Global Restaurant Concepts, Inc. (Chairman)
- Philippine Tennis Association (Chairman)
- Amateur Softball Association of The Philippines (President)
- Chamber of Pawnbrokers of The Philippines, Inc. (President)
- DFNN Inc (IT Services & Consulting) (Director)
- Pacific Gaming Investments Pte Ltd. (Non-Executive Director)
- Enderun Colleges Inc (Director)
- Intelligent Wave Philippines, Inc. (Director)
- Hatchasia, Inc. (Director)
- Falcor Heli Solutions Philippines, Inc. (Director)
- Next Idea, Inc. (Director)
In addition, he is currently affiliated with Jollibee Foods Corporation, Asian Terminals Inc, Phoenix Petroleum Philippines, Inc., SM Prime Holdings, Inc., BDO Leasing and Finance Inc, and many other giants in the country.
Recently, Jean Henri Lhuillier bagged seven awards during the International Business Awards – the world’s premier business awarding body that gives and recognition to the achievements and positive contributions of organizations and working professionals worldwide. Together with PJ Lhuillier Group of Companies, Henri Lhuillier received the Lifetime Achievement, Gold Stevies for Entrepreneur of the Year for Diversified Services, Silver Stevies for Executive of the Year for Diversified Services, Bronze Stevie awards for Executive of the Year for Insurance, Executive of the Year for Financial Services, Maverick of the Year, and Entrepreneur of the Year for Financial Services. This is his fourth time to receive the most coveted international recognition in the fields of business and entrepreneurship, not to mention that he’s also the first recipient of the Lifetime Achievement which was introduced for the first time.