After only about 22 months (less than 2 years), Cebuanos who need to travel by the Mambaling section of N. Bacalso Street should be very much relieved to know that the underpass will formally be opened to the public on June 15, 2019!
All details about the initial operations are as follows:
1. Opening time is set to 10:00 Philippine Standard Time
2. There will be no opening ceremony according to the DPW.
3. Mini buses and buses are not allowed to use this project at the moment. They are directed to use the Cebu South Coastal Road. This is something that could change depending on the LGUs concerned.
All details about the underpass:
1. The mission of this project is to ease the traffic congestion of the N. Bacalso – F. Llamas T-junction road.
2. Proposed length of the project is 700 meters with the underpass itself stretching 620 meters.
3. Carriage width of the tunnel is pegged at 7.30m and a 5.22m vertical clearance at its lowest portion.
4. It will have a 2 lane underpass component.
5. 2 lanes service roads on both sides of it (2 lanes going north and 2 lanes going south)
6. Proposed duration of the project is 24 months (720 days).
7. Date started is around August of 2017.
8. Opening date is June 2019 which makes it about 2 months ahead of proposed duration.
9 The contractor for this project is WT Construction Incorporated in joint venture w/CEDCO Engineers Consortium but under the supervision of the Department of Public Works and Highways (DPWH)
10. Total estimated cost of the project is P683,294,000.
If you are a regular commuter of this area, do you feel this will help in cutting down your travel time? Please share your valued comments below.