With all the resorts mushrooming all over Cebu, how do you choose the best one? Simple. Align your standards and objectives. Just in case you want to go beyond the usual swimming and chill vibe for a getaway, try an ecofriendly accommodation in Pinamungajan, Cebu – Monteray Farm – Ecofarm and Resort.
Monteray was actually coined from the combined names of its owner – Ramon and Teray Pono. This initially planned vacation house for the family has been developed into a venue where people can relax, play, and create moments that are surely worth remembering.
What makes Monteray a perfect destination is its capability to customize accommodations and activities depending on the needs or requests of the guest. It can be a venue for vacation, team-buildings, and special celebrations like prenup, wedding, birthdays, and reunions. Furthermore, they support the movement for environmental sustainability, by adopting the zero waste system in their kitchen, growing of organic pigs, and teaching locals and tourists the different means of organic farming.
Here are other productive things that you can do at Monteray Farm – Ecofarm and Resort:
- Colorful interaction and feeding with the happy free-range pigs
- Swimming on their indoor waterpool
- Touring around the farm and learning about natural ways of farming
- Growing herbs like catnip, cilantro, ducat dill, eucalyptus, insulin plant, Italian oregano, etc.
- Acquiring skills on how to practice zero-waste
- Eating your own herbs and vegetable harvest
- Strengthening bonds and camaraderie through team-building activities like scavenger hunt, crossing the acid river, amazing race, obstacle course, paintball and minefield games
- Ziplining for only P75!
- Going forth on a summer camp, seminar, or retreat on their indoor and outdoor function halls and dorm rooms
For a minimal fee of P80, you can already enjoying the beauty of Monteray plus an inclusive access to its swimming pool from 8am to 5pm! Their cottages are also made affordable from P250 – P900 only. Most importantly, you can bring whatever food you like as they don’t have any corkage fee. They do accept walk-inns but this is subjected to the availability of the place. For reservations, feel free to contact them at (032) 514-1341 or 0922-867-9458
READ: Pinamungajan Travel Guide
HOW TO GET THERE?
- OPTION 1: Using Waze of Google Map, you can easily locate Monteray Ecofarm at Sitio Dakit, Barangay Poblacion, Pinamungajan.
- OPTION 2: From South Bus terminal, ride a bus bound for Pinamungajan. Ask the driver to drop you off at Pinamungajan proper. From there, you may opt to walk or ride a habal-habal for P10 in going to the resort.
Monteray Farm Sketch.
Photos with no caption are from Monteray Farm – Ecofarm and Resort