Recently, a new tourist attraction in Cebu City has been making rounds in social media because of how captivatingly picturesque the places featured are. Nerisville Selfie Corner, located at Sitio Bombil, Barangay Lusaran, Cebu City provides perfect feels to people who wanted to experience the famous destinations of other countries. They recreated some of the iconic landmarks found in Indonesia and New Zealand such of Bali’s famed bird’s nests and hobbit houses.
Admit it, you travel to take good photos. Photos serve as return tickets to moments otherwise gone. Of course, this is on top of all the bonding and learnings earned from going to places and meeting people who will give you a different perspective of the world. Photos allow you to go back in time and relish the memories that can never be relived.
As Barangay Lusaran is part of Central Cebu Protected Landscape, the area alone gives a panoramic view of Cebu’s mountain ranges that adds to alluring background of the selfie corners. It opened last September 2018 and has been catering visitors from 8am to 7pm for an entrance fee of only P50.
Nerisville is owned and operated by Christine Neri who spearheaded the development of this once barren area into a renowned destination. As they continue to offer varied sites that are perfect for taking pictures, developments restructuring is still going onsite.
Want to visit these Instagrammable spots? Here are some things to remember:
- Bring your own water and food as there are no available eatery or cafés near the area. As the name goes, it’s just a selfie corner.
- To get there, just ride a jeepney going to Pit-os, Talamban (62C or 62B). Ask the driver to drop you off at the Flying V gasoline station. From there, hire a habal-habal driver to bring you to Neris’ ville. Fare is P200 per head inclusive of back-and-forth fare and waiting time.
- You may bring your own private car to Neri’s ville as the roads there are already established. Be careful though as the roads are steep and winding akin to Busay though.
- Be mindful of your belongings. Bathrooms are available for call of nature and costume change. Yeah, OOTD besh.
- Don’t expect too much of the place. As the name suggests, it’s just a selfie corner – not a hangout place. Be creative on how you take your angles.
- Always remember to take nothing but… PICTURES! Enyoy!