SM Foundation ~ Creating opportunities for a better future
Great news for keen students who’d like to be given an opportunity to learn and grow in their chosen career path. Having the right and proper education can really make a difference in a person’s life. I find that scholarship grants are a great initiative by corporations and foundations. One of which is the SM Foundation.
According to Mr. Henry Sy, Sr., he believes that education is the best defense against poverty. And that the SM Foundation provide college and technical-vocational scholarship grants as well as access to primary education through school buildings to help the youth achieve their dreams.
Through the SM College Scholarship Program, they help the youth attain their full potential and achieve their dreams. The experience of the foundation with the scholarship program for over two decades certifies their belief that when one family member graduates from college, the scholar can help out another sibling and send him to school. And this will serve as the element to help their family get out of poverty.
This is a great Pay-it-forward system by the SM Foundation.
Very important note:
- The online application portal will be accessible from October 15 to December 31, 2019
- Walk-in applicants will not be accepted
- BS in Computer Science
- BS in Information Technology
- BS in Electronics and Communications Engineering / BS in Electronics Engineering
- BS in Computer Engineering
- BS in Civil Engineering
- BS in Electrical Engineering
- BS in Mechanical Engineering
- BS in Elementary Education
- BS in Secondary Education major in Biology, Chemistry, General Sciences, Physics, Mathematics, English
- BS in Accountancy
- BS in Accounting Technology
- BS in Accounting Information Systems
- BS in Internal Auditing
- BS in Financial Management
- BS in Management Accounting
College Scholars enjoy:
- Choice of specialization in accounting, information technology, engineering and education
- Full Tuition
- Monthly Allowance
- Part-time job opportunities during semestral and Christmas breaks
- Exclusive job offers with the SM group upon graduation
- Other fun-filled activities and enrichment programs
Qualifications for the SM College Scholarship Program:
- Public high school graduate in the areas covered.
- Private high school graduates with DepEd voucher in areas covered.
- Completed junior high school from a public school
- Areas Covered:
- NCR, Albay, Bataan, Batangas, Benguet, Bulacan, Cagayan, Camarines Norte, Camarines Sur, Cavite, Isabela, Laguna, Nueva Ecija, Palawan, Pampanga, Pangasinan, Sorsogon, Quezon, Rizal, Tarlac, Zambales
- Capiz, Cebu, Iloilo, Leyte, Negros Occidental
- Agusan del Norte, Davao del Sur, Misamis Oriental, South Cotabato, Zamboanga del Sur
- General weighted average grade of at least 88% or its equivalent for Grade 12 – 1st semester.
- Total household income of at most Php 150,000 per year.
- Accomplished online application form
- Attachments to the online application:
- Parent’s or Guardian’s 2018 Income Tax Return / Certification of Non-Filing of Income / Certificate of Indigency
- Latest Grade 12 report card
- Birth Certificate
- 2×2 ID picture
- Sketch of home to the nearest SM mall
Moreover, they also offer Technical – Vocational scholarship programs. The SM Foundation broaden their reach by providing the youth an option of a quicker two-year technical-vocational course in areas with great demand in the market. Through their partner schools, they aim to help out-of-school youth harness their skills to have better opportunities in life.
To be an SM Tech-Voc Scholar,
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Must be a high school graduate
- Must pass the requirements presented by partner Technical-Vocational Schools
Our Tech-Voc Scholar enjoys:
- Choice of specialization in the areas of Food and Beverage, Automobile Mechanic, Fitter Machinist, Electro-Mechanical Technician, Refrigeration and Air-conditioning, Small Arc Welding and Electromechanics
- Full tuition subsidy in any of its partner schools
- On the job internship
- Referral to industry partners after graduation
- Other fun-filled activities
Click here to view their Scholarship Guidelines and Partner Schools
Click here to view their SM Scholarship Flow Chart
The SM Foundation also has other projects like the SM School Building Program.
This program aims to help and provide underprivileged children with better quality public education. They do this by donating school buildings and classrooms in partnership with the Department of Education (DepEd).
DepEd identifies areas in need, to help address the backlog of classrooms in accordance with national requirements. With the new and conducive environment for learning, children perform better in school and are more inspired to learn, while teachers also become more effective.
School Buildings are fully equipped with:
- Student armchairs
- Wall fans
- Teachers’ Desk Sets
- Toilets/ Washrooms
For inquiries, contact the SM Foundation through the following numbers: (02) 857-0100 local 1688/ (02) 552-7013/ 0917 809 0519.
Send them an email at [email protected]
Like and follow them on Facebook – SM Foundation, Inc. / Twitter – @smfoundationinc / Instagram – @smfoundationinc
- Photo used is from their official website.