If you are still undecided where to head first after months-long of staying at home due to the COVID-19 pandemic, better yet consider this superbly relaxing destination that is set to open on the 15th of September, 2020 – Cascades Natural Park.
Cascades Natural Park is a perfect venue for any gatherings and celebrations – such as weddings, concerts, corporate events, team building, and even simple reunion among friends and family members after several months of being away from each other. It is truly a large multi-use outdoor venue that covers more than six hectares of land area!
What to see in Cascades Natural Park?
What makes Cascades Natural Park interesting are the following features that you will not see in other parks in Cebu:
- An island located in the middle of a lake – a perfect stage for wedding, concert, or any performance-oriented activity
- A large grass lawn which is perfect for garden wedding or other gatherings
- A large covered facility equipped with a bar and an open floor space
- A literally HUGE swimming pool that covers to over 600 square meter in size! (Yes, that’s one of the largest swimming pools in Norther Cebu)
- An open field for outdoor activities
What activities can I do in Cascades Natural Park?
For those thrill-seekers, Cascades Natural Park also offers several activities that can be done within the park. These include:
- Paddle boarding
- Pedal boating
- Outdoor games (bocce ball, volleyball, soccer)
What do I need to know about Cascades Natural Park before going there?
Cascades Natural Park offers both exclusive and non-exclusive reservations. Guests may rent a private cabana or a portion of the park, or… reserve the whole place! They also offer a Day Pass which allows visitors to enter the venue and enjoy all amenities for the whole day for a minimal fee.
Visitors are allowed to bring their own food, no corkage fee will be asked to be paid. However, guests are also encouraged to keep the environment clean and practice CLAYGO. Also, bringing of alcoholic drinks inside the park is strictly prohibited.
Still following the protocol mandated aligned with the corona virus pandemic, Cascades Natural Park opens its doors for only 50% of its accommodating capacity. However, despite the minimal number of people allowed, because of its size, it still can accommodate a lot of people!
Cascades Natural Park is open from 9:00am – 5:00pm for walk-in visitors (Day Pass). For exclusive venue rental, the place is open for use from 6:00am until midnight.
Cascades Natural Park Accommodation Fee
- Day Pass – P200 (Adults, 13 and above)
P160 (Senior Citizen, PWD, children ages 3 – 12)
FREE PASS children under 2 years of age
- Day Pass Weekday Promo – P150 (until September 30, 2020)
- Pictorial Pass Promo (Photoshoot) – P1,800 good for 10 pax
- CasitaPool or Lake– P500 per day
- Cabana Pool or Lake – P1000 per day
- Shade Tent – P250 per day
- Fishing (Bring your own pole) – P200 kilo for Black Tilapia/ P450 for Orange Tilapia
- Fish food (Fish Feeding) – P10 per bag
- Parking – Free!
- Kayak – P150 per hour
- Paddle Board – P150 per hour
- 3 Person Canoe – P200 per hour
- 4 Person Pedal Board – P250 per hour
How to get to Cascades Natural Park?
Cascades Natural Park is located at Magay, Compostela. It is particularly situated inside St. Francis Subdivision, just across Magay Elementary School. To get there, all you have to do is to enter the subdivision, go straight pass the pawnshop. From the pawnshop, make a left turn and go to the end of the road where Cascades Natural Park is located.
If you are bringing along your private vehicle, you can simply navigate using Google Map or Waze.