Real talk, traveling requires a lot of money. While there are those DIY tips given by a number of influencers, chances are, you are still going to shell out an outrageous amount just to get out of town, enjoy sunrise and sunsets, and spend quality time with friends and families while savoring your favorite food and drink. Why break a bank when you can just find a nearby location to relax from the daily tensions of the urban life?
The Historic Resort City of Mactan Island, Lapu-lapu City, has been developing a hub for entertainment and culture. Megaworld Corporation came up with master-planned community that addresses the needs of the rapidly growing economy of the island. This project includes the development of condominiums, offices, schools, malls, restaurants, and beachfronts.
Part of this development is the Mactan Newtown Beach. This formerly known as Portofino Beach Resort is a picture perfect beach that takes pride of its pristine waters and white sand beaches. Its colorful cottages offers a relaxing atmosphere for visitors while the outdoor activities it offers provide a venue for adventure-seekers to unleash the wild heart within them.
YOU MAY ALSO READ: Discover Arterra Hotel & Resort In Mactan, Cebu
- Bringing of own vehicle is recommended. But you can as well ride a jeepney bound for Punta Engaño and ask the driver to drop you off at Barangay Asangil where you can ride a tricycle in going to the beach.
- Entrance fee on weekends is P200 but students can get a discount by presenting a valid ID.
- Cabanas are available for rent from P1,500 – P3,000 – good for 15 to 25 pax.
- Small tents (P1,500), parasol (P800), and tables and chairs (P500) are also made for rent.
- For inquiries and reservations, please feel free to call (+63) 917 704 4893 or (+63) 922 389 2833 or check their page for updates Mactan Newtown Beach.