Want to pursue further studies in Japan? Apply for Ajinomoto Foundation Postgraduate Grants that cover full scholarships at the University of Tokyo, Kyoto University, Nagoya University, Tokyo Institute of Technology, Ochanomizu University, Waseda University, and Kagawa Nutrition University for qualified Filipino students.
Who does not dream of visiting the “Land of the Rising Sun”? Aside from its natural wonders and unique culture and traditions, Japan has been viewed well—and particularly ranking very high when it comes to providing equal educational opportunities to rich and poor students. According to studies, sure, there could be areas that are considered poor in Japan, but they don’t have poor schools. With such a high literacy rate, it is no wonder why many dreams of pursuing studies in this beautiful country.
Ajinomoto Foundation Postgraduate Grants
If you’re one of the many dreamers who wish to live and study in Japan, then this is your chance to turn those dreams into reality. The Ajinomoto Foundation Postgraduate Grant is now open for application for the 2023 scholarship program.
Particularly, the Ajinomoto Postgraduate Scholarship Grant aims to help deserving Filipino students who lack the financial capacity to pursue higher education in the field of sciences at the designated universities in Japan.
What are the Benefits of the Ajinomoto Foundation Postgraduate Scholarship
Applicants who are accepted into the program will be able to enjoy the following benefits:
- ¥150,000 monthly allowance (approximately allowance of P61,990) for a maximum of one year as a research student at a graduate school
- ¥ 180,000 monthly allowance (approximately allowance of P74,388) for a maximum of 2 years as a master’s course student at graduate school
- Full coverage of examination, admission, and tuition fees
- Full coverage of Medical Examination, Psychological Examination, and Japanese Language Training before going to Japan
- Airfare to Japan from the Philippines
How to Apply for Ajinomoto Foundation Postgraduate Scholarship
In order to enjoy the aforementioned benefits, aspiring applicants to the Ajinomoto Postgraduate Scholarship Grant must meet the following qualifications:
- a Filipino Citizen;
- graduated or be expected to graduate with an excellent academic record (with over 15 years of education completed or expected to be completed);
- received the recommendation from University President or Academic Advisor or be otherwise qualified to enroll in the university;
- aged 35 years old (or below) on April 2023;
- apply and attend the selection process in the Philippines;
- physically and mentally healthy;
- have excellent personality, in academics (within the top 5% of the class or with a GPA of 3.7 or higher), and have a strong motivation for learning;
- not received other scholarships
- show financial need to pursue higher education;
- have a strong sense of nationalism, leadership, and motivation;
Once the scholarship has been conferred, the applicant must be able to:
- obtain approval of acceptance as either a Postgraduate International Research Student (hereinafter “Research Student”) or a Graduate Student (Master’s Course Student) from University and be registered as a Research Student or a Master’s Course Student for April 2024 or October 2024;
- must acquire adequate Japanese Language Proficiency that is required to research and study in a Master’s Course, when enrolling as a Master’s course student;
- must pass the Medical and Psychological Examination; and
- must be able to obtain a Passport and Student Visa to Japan.
Make your Japan dreams come true! Submit your application now. Deadline for applications is March 1. To learn more, see the details here.