Some good news for Grade 12 students or incoming college freshmen. SM Foundation (SMFI) will now be accepting online applications for SM College Scholarship for School Year 2021 – 2022. Based on their announcement, applicants may start applying until February 28, 2021.
This College Scholarship Program of SM began with a vision by the late SM patriarch Henry “Tatang” Sy, Sr. He believed that if one child from an economically challenged family could finish college, this child would have more opportunities to be employed and later on make better the economic status of the family.
Through the SM College Scholarship Program, more than 5,500 scholars were supported and given access to college education and technical-vocational studies since 19993. Be part of this growing number of successful scholars by applying now!
Who can apply for SM Scholarship Program?
SM Scholarship program is open for the incoming college students taking up program under the following fields of studies: Computer Science, Engineering (Electrical, Computer, Mechanical, and Electronics/Communication), Education (Elementary and Secondary), Information Technology, Accountancy, and Financial Management.
In addition, applying scholars must be:
- Grade 12 public high school graduates from schools in the areas covered: or
- Grade 12 graduates from private schools in the areas covered (should have DepEd voucher) and finished Junior High from a public school;
- A general weighted average grade of at least 88% or its equivalent for Grade 12 (first semester); and
- Total household income of at most P150,000 per year.
SM College Scholarship Program Benefits
SM College Scholarship Program grants the following benefits to its scholars:
- Choice of specialization in accounting, information technology, engineering, and education
- Full tuition fee and other school fees
- Monthly allowance
- Part-time job opportunities during semestral and Christmas breaks
- Exclusive job offers with the SM group upon graduation
Documents Needed for Application
To get to know more about the SM College Scholarship Program, you may visit www.sm-foundation.org for details. You may also begin to secure the following documents needed for application:
- Either of the following:
- Latest Income Tax Return of parents/guardians
- Certificate of Non-Filing of Income
- Certificate of Indigency
- High School Report Card
- Copy of Birth Certificate from the Philippine Statistics Authority
- Two copies of the recent 2×2 ID picture
- Sketch of residence to the nearest SM Mall
Secure your future today. Apply now!