Why dream when you can actually study in France for free? Yes, now is the perfect time to put into realization that longtime dream of being able to study abroad, earn a degree, and experience the rich culture and architecture than is of France.
This month marks the beginning of application for those who are interested to learn and gain cultural perspective in France through the PhilFrance-DOST Scholarships.
What is the PhilFrance-DOST Scholarships?
The PhilFrance-DOST Scholarship is a program launched in 2016 that is dedicated to all Filipino professionals working in academic research or government institutions who would like to pursue Masters or Graduate studies in the French Higher Education Institutions under the Ministry of National Education, Higher Education and Research of the French Republic.
Who are Eligible to Apply for the PhilFrance-DOST Scholarship?
To qualify for this said scholarship, applicants must be:
- a Filipino citizen
- not be more than 45 years of age at the time of application
- in good health condition
- holding a higher education diploma recognized by the Philippine government – that is allowed to enroll for host course in the French Republic
- demonstrate excellence in academics
- knowledgeable or expert to carry out higher studies within the host establishment in the French Republic
- pass admission requirements for graduate studies in any of the public universities in France
- pass the interview and other screening procedures
What Documents are Needed to Apply?
Note: Make sure to double-check your documents when you apply as those which incomplete or incorrect will be discarded.
- Completed DOST Application Form
- Birth Certificate
- Endorsement from two former professors in college
- Recommendation from Head of Agency and Permission to take Leave of Absence (if employed)
- Medical Certificate from a licensed physician with PRC licensed number validated
- Valid NBI clearance
- Budgetary Requirements (see here)
- Re-entry Plan
- CV (maximum of two pages) with details of academic, professional, and leadership excellence
- Academic essay of 500 words explaining your desire to study in France and how this will benefit the Philippines and Filipino society
- Other requirements
What are the Benefits of the PhilFrance-DOST Scholarship?
Deserving scholars will enjoy the following assistance from DOST and French Embassy:
- Monthly living allowance
- One round-trip economy fare from residence to the place of study
- Relocation allowance
- Pre-travel expenses
- Exemption from public university registration fees in France
- Health care package
- Priority access to public student housing facilities
- Exemption from French long-stay visa application fees
Deadline of Application: March 15 (noon)
Submit your application now and make your dream come true!
For more details and updates, see posts of PhilFrance-DOST Scholarship here.